Gem County accepts passport applications BY APPOINTMENT . Please click the link below for available appointments.
Review the below requirements and check the passport website at travel.state.gov to determine any special requirements BEFORE scheduling your appointment.
In order to streamline the process, please have ALL FORMS FILLED OUT and documents ready and available BEFORE arriving at your appointment. Our office does not accept credit card payments. You may contact our office at 208-365-4561 with any questions.
Renewing your Passport? See Travel.State.Gov website for requirements and instruction.
The following items are necessary for obtaining a passport:
- Driver’s License, State-issued Identification Card, or proof of citizenship
- Original Birth Certificate, State Certified Copy of Birth Certificate, or original passport
- Original naturalization papers, if naturalized citizen
- Two passport photographs -cannot be Polaroid or digital- Must have white or off-white
- background - Must be 2″ x 2″ in size (see Travel.State.Gov for Passport Photo requirements)
- COMPLETED DS-11 Passport Application
- Payments as follows:
Adults – $130.00 for passport book payable to US Department of State and $35.00 processing fee payable to Gem County
Minors (15 years & under) – $100.00 for passport book payable to US Department of State and $35.00 processing fee payable to Gem County.
We accept CASH, CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY.
Passport Applications are available at:
Gem County Clerk’s Office
415 E. Main Street Room 202
Emmett, ID 83617
For information via the Internet:
Passport Application Form:
Passport Check the Status:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Some suggestions are:
Walgreens, 184 West Highway 52, Emmett. 365-4327
Please refer to the Yellow Pages under “Passport Photos” for a complete listing.