Changes to County Services
In response to the Governor’s declaration of a state of emergency due to the possible spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), Gem County is implementing measures to reduce the risk of exposure and assure the safety of our personnel and the public. Gem County is following the CDC and World Health Organization guidance and are checking daily for updates and adjusting our workflow and services to the public accordingly.
- Call (208) 365-2982 for assistance.
- We will accept the following documents via mail, e-mail, fax, or dropbox at the front door:
- Homeowner’s Exemption Application
- Property Tax Reduction Application (Circuit Breaker) and Documentation
- Commercial Surveys
- Agricultural Exemption Verification and Documentation
- Personal/Transient Property Declaration
- Exempt Property Declaration
- We can provide the following via mail to your home address:
- Homeowner's Exemption Application
- We will provide the following via mail, e-mail or fax:
- Public Record Request Responses
- Property Tax Reduction Application (Circuit Breaker)
- Commercial Surveys
- Agricultural Exemption Verification
- Personal Property Declaration
- Exempt Property Declaration
- We will also be able to initially file Property Tax Reduction Applications (Circuit Breaker) via a phone conversation.
Motor Vehicle Services
- WE HAVE MOVED!!!
- Our new location is 288 Highway 16, Suite 107, Emmett (in the same strip mall as Dollar Tree and H&R Block)
- WE ARE A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE office, there are no appointments needed.
- Motor Vehicle Services office is open to process vehicle registrations and title applications as well as all Park & Recreation registrations.
- Office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. We do not process titles after 4:30 pm.
- Recording can be done online through Simplifile and by mail.
- Marriage License processing is by appointment only.
- Passport Acceptance is by appointment only.
- Lockbox outside the door for use.
- Please call (208) 365-4561 for additional information.
Courts (Magistrate & District)
Pursuant to the Order issued by the Supreme Court of the State of Idaho the Magistrate & District Courts are currently open to the public with the strong recommendation that people maintain social distancing and wear a face covering. Please refer to the following instructions:
- All persons are required to wear a mask while in a court facility on court business.
- All persons, not of the same household, must observe a minimum of six feet of social distancing from other persons.
- To download a PDF copy of the State Supreme Court order … click here.
- Payments for fines and fees can be made online. Click here for instructions
- Civil Protection Orders can now be filed on-line. Click here for instructions
- Please call for any questions regarding due dates and /or completion dates (number below).
- If you have a hearing scheduled and don't know if you need to appear in person or by Zoom please call our office the day before the hearing.
- Our phone number is (208) 365-4221.
- All Planning & Zoning hearings will be held online using the Zoom platform.
- There is now a mail slot on the front door for dropping off payments/plans/information after hours.
- Email list of Employees:
- Development Services Coordinator … firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning & Building Assistant - Justin Vanderbilt - … email@example.com
- Building Official – Vince Lombardo … firstname.lastname@example.org
- Code Enforcement – Larry Robertson … email@example.com
- Associate Planner – Michelle Barron … firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning Director - Jennifer Kharrl … email@example.com
- Office Hours
- Mon 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tue 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wed 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thu 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Fri 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Office phone 208-365-5144
- Office is closed to public access.
- Office will be staffed from 11:00-AM to 5:00-PM, Mon-Fri.
- Questions or information please call (208) 365-6828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM
- Shannon Carter, Chief JPO
- Whitney Bruce, Deputy JPO
- Office phone: 208-365-2127 Fax: 208-365-6114
Landfill (JAG Transfer Facility & Montour)
- Jackass Gulch Facility…
- We will not make exact change. Fees will be rounded up to the nearest $5.00.
- Open Monday thru Saturday, 9:00-AM to 4:30-PM.
- We will be operating with reduced staff.
- We are limiting our interactions with public for the protection of both.
- We will not be helping public unload their items.
- We will not be having free trash day this year.
- Montour Facility…
- Only open Saturdays 8:00-AM to 1:00-PM.
- Only one (1) car allowed in the site at a time. If violated facility will be closed.
- In-office services at the Gem County Noxious Weed Department are now suspended until further notice.
- Gem County is following the CDC and World Health Organization guidance and checking daily for updates and will be adjusting services to the public accordingly.
- The Gem County Noxious Weed Department can be contacted as follows:
- The Prosecutor’s Office is closed to public.
- Please call or email the office for additional information.
- Our phone number is (208) 365-2106.
- Our email address is email@example.com.
Road and Bridge
- Gem County Road and Bridge (GCRB) will be restricting public contact at the office at this time. GCRB will continue to conduct business through the means of email, telephone or fax.
- Any permits pertaining to GCRB can be faxed or emailed.
- Permit fees can be paid with credit card to Gem County Development Service by phone or with a check mailed to the Gem County Road & Bridge office address.
- Phone: (208) 365-3305
- Fax: (208) 365-2530
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gem County Road & Bridge
402 N. Hayes Ave
Emmett, ID 83617
- Driver’s License & Civil Department
- Driver’s License is open for services by Appointment Only. Click here for more details.
- SORA applicants and Civil issues please call (208) 365-4483.
- Public fingerprinting services provided by drivers license by appointment only
- Masks are required in all Sheriff facilities
- Screening and temperature taken for all Sheriff services
- Gem County Jail
- Jail or Inmate questions may be directed to (208) 365-4484
- For SILD questions contact Director B McNevins call (208) 477-2208
- For Work Release contact Gem County Jail call (208) 365-4484 (temporarily suspended)
- All other non-emergency questions may be directed to the Gem County Dispatch Center call (208) 365-3521
- Our office is open to the public, Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM.
- You may mail check or money order Payable to the Gem County Tax Collector, 415 E. Main Street, Suite 200, Emmett, ID 83617.
- Please list PIN #(s) or address of property on your check or money order to assure payment is credited to the proper parcel.
- You may visit the County’s website at http://www.gemcounty.org/ and pay by E-Check ($1.00 processing fee) or to pay with a credit/debit card (transaction will be processed as a credit and a 2.5% fee will apply).
- To leave payment in lockbox …
- Must be check or money order
- Must list the PIN #(s) or address of property
- Must be enclosed and sealed in envelope addressed to the Gem County Tax Collector.
- For any additional tax information please contact my office at (208) 365-3272 or email email@example.com.
University of Idaho Extension Office
- The office is closed to the public and staff is available by email and telephone. (208) 365-6363 and firstname.lastname@example.org